Enrichment is an important part of daily life at Edward Heneage.
As a David Ross Education Trust academy, we believe that enrichment can help to raise academic standards, enhance performance and teach life skills that will equip our pupils for an ever-changing world.
Primary enrichment gives students the chance to participate in activities that supplement learning and enable them to broaden their skills and experiences, identify talent and enhance it.
Activities include visual and performing arts, including dance, drama and music. There is also a focus on art, sport, outward bound and developing life skills.
There are currently a number of clubs and activities for your child to attend.
There is something at Edward Heneage Primary Academy for everyone.
New clubs are introduced at the beginning of each term. You can sign up for these on MCAS.
We have a variety of after-school clubs on offer.
Currently for the Autumn and Spring Terms, Miss Cook has multiple sports clubs available focusing on skills to become competition ready and identifying those children to represent Edward Heneage at fantastic sporting events DRET have to offer.
We also have a newly opened gardening club with the children developing a new allotment with Miss Steedman, this is open to all ages.
Mrs Morley is also recruiting for new vocalists to join the choir and many other fantastic opportunities such as the DRET Christmas Service at Grimsby Minster and the DRET music festival. The choir meets on a Friday.
What is new?
Enrichment Overview 2023/2024
What sort of skills does enrichment teach?
- Determination to succeed
- Winning and losing with grace
- Respect for others
- Confidence in yourself
- A sense of fun and enjoyment
- Focus and attitude
- Health benefits
Academies across the Trust are encouraged to work collaboratively to make the most of the opportunities on offer. Highlights from last year include:
- A Big Sing led by Opera North
- 14 of our primary schools participated in the Shakespeare Schools Festival
- 6 of our primary schools worked with The Northern Ballet, this involved a trip to see a production and several workshops
- Several of our Northamptonshire schools developed partnerships with The Royal & Derngate Theatre and The Corby Cube
Our most recent opportunities include:
- A working partnership with Lincoln Castle, Gainsborough Old Hall and The Museum of Lincolnshire Life, offering half or full day trips
- Nevill Holt Farm: A working farm available to our schools for day trips or camping overnight
For further information about the enrichment opportunities that are on offer please contact:
Shane Ward & Alex Green
To contact us please call the head office:
01476 566 801